Nagoya British Council:
Workshop for English Teachers: Word Sketches
Date: Saturday, August 30th, 2003 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Adam Kilgarriff, University of Brighton
A word sketch is a one-page, automatically-produced, corpus-based summary of a word's grammatical and collocational behaviour. Dr Adam Kilgarriff, University of Brighton will introduce word sketches, and describe how they have been used in dictionary-making. We shall then all explore using word sketches, both for preparing exercises, and, simply, to find out how a word is used in natural, native-speaker English.
Organization: The British Council Nagoya Centre (Nagoya British Council)
Venue: British Council Nagoya Centre, NHK Nagoya Broadcasting Centre Bldg. 6F, 1-13-3 Higashi Sakura, Higashi-ku, Nagoya
Location: Nagoya City, Aichi Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagoya British Council
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 052-963-3671