Electronic Dictionary Workshop
Date: Saturday, February 4th, 2006 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Speaker: Takashi Inomori
Electronic Dictionaries are getting more and more popular among high school students as well as university students. In some schools more than 80 per cent of the students are e-dictionary users. But do they and their English teachers really know how to use these electronic dictionaries? How much do they know about their useful functions, which are not available in paper dictionaries? Takashi Inomori, who has given workshops for high school English teachers on how to make full use of electronic dictionaries throughout Kyushu and Okinawa, will show you what amazing learning and teaching tools they can be in your classroom. The participants will be asked to bring their own electronic dictionaries. Also, participants will have a chance to use Casio's latest model during the workshop.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kitakyushu International Conference Center, room 31; a 5-minute walk from the Kokura train station (shinkansen, JR train)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: