Culture Content-based English Materials and the Necessity of an Integrated English Curriculum among Junior and Senior High Schools and Universities.
Date: Sunday, February 26th, 2006 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Asako Kajiura of Asia Pacific University, Beppu
This presentation will be in Japanese. The education ministry estimates that all university applicants will be accepted by universities throughout the country in 2009, and educators are concerned about the decline of university education. The presenter, a university lecturer, sees the necessity of an integrated English curriculum among junior high schools, high schools and universities. During the workshop, the presenter will introduce some content-based activities which could be used in junior high schools, high schools, and colleges, and also lead discussions about an integrated content-based English curriculum.
Organization: Hokkaido Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hokkaido JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Hokkai Gakuen University, Toyohira-ku, Sapporo
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hokkaido JALT
Email QR Code: