Debate Made Easy
Date: Sunday, July 23rd, 2006 Time: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Charles LeBeau
More and more high schools and universities are including debate as part of their curriculum. But many students and teachers are unfamiliar with the basics of debate. This practical workshop will focus on the basics of debate: how to build a case, how to present a case, and how to attack a case. In addition, participants will learn some tips on judging, as well as how to "flow" a debate.
Many simple examples and activities will be used from Charles LeBeau's books Discover Debate and Getting Ready for Speech.
Organization: Kagoshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kagoshima JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Seminar Room 117, Ground Floor Kousha Biru, Shinyashiki opposite the Shinyashiki Tram Stop
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kagoshima JALT