Moodle Association of Japan:
MoodleMoot Hakodate 2009
Date: Sunday, February 15th, 2009 Time: Time TBA
Speaker: Call for papers deadline is January 23, 2009
MoodleMoot Hakodate 2009 will be held February 15-16 at Future University, Hakodate, Hokkaido. The first day (Feb. 15th, a Sunday) consists of workshops and presentations about how to effectively use Moodle in educational settings. On the second day (Feb. 16th, Monday morning), developers get together to discuss Moodle, their projects and future plans.
We are looking for Moodle users who would like to talk about their Moodle experiences. We would very much like teachers, students, programmers, thinkers, and theorists... anyone who uses Moodle, to tell the MoodleMoot participants about how they use Moodle and how to use Moodle effectively.
The audience is likely to consist of a few experienced users, some who have been using Moodle for a year or so, and quite a few people who have never used Moodle. The main language of the MoodleMoot will be English, but presentations in Japanese will be most welcome.
The length of presentations will vary from thirty minutes to two hours. In the submission form you are asked to indicate your desired time, however, depending on the number of participants and presenters, you may be asked to present in a shorter time slot.
All Moodle related proposals will be considered, however submissions that cover at least one of the following themes will be preferred:
* An introduction to Moodle for teachers / school administrators.
* Blending Moodle into individual classes or entire courses.
* Configuring a server for Moodle
* Developing third-party features for Moodle
* eDelivery v eLearning with Moodle
* Getting started with Moodle – from 'finding a server' to content creation
* How to use Moodle: a workshop for beginners
* Integrating Moodle into educational institutions
* Student experiences of Moodle
* Successful integration of Moodle into (choose your subject) classes
* Tinkering with Moodle for non-programmers
* Using Moodle to support "higher-order thinking activities"
* Using multimedia in Moodle To submit a proposal, see the MoodleMoot Hakodate 2009 Presentation Proposal Submission form (you may "Login as a guest").
Organization: Moodle Association of Japan
Venue: Future University, Hakodate, Hokkaido
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Moodle Association of Japan