Thoughts on ELT Materials Development
Date: Sunday, February 26th, 2012 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Marcos Benevides
Marcos will outline his how his experience as an ESL learner influenced his approach to teaching, and in turn how both continue to inform his work as a writer of ELT materials. This presentation will be of interest to most teachers at any level, but especially to those who want to explore some of the complex connections between learners, teachers, and coursebooks.
Marcos Benevides co-authored Widgets: A task-based course in practical English (Pearson, 2008) and Fiction in Action: Whodunit (Abax, 2010). He is currently series editor for the upcoming Choose Your Own Adventure graded reader series (McGraw-Hill, 2012). He has received the Duke of Edinburgh English Book Award and the British Council International Award for Innovation, both for Whodunit. It was the first time that a coursebook written in Japan has won either award, and the second time in history that one book has won both. He currently lives in Tokyo and teaches at J.F. Oberlin University.
Organization: Shizuoka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Shizuoka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Shizuoka Kyouiku Kaikan map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Shizuoka JALT
Email QR Code: