A framework for selecting appropriate online vocabulary learning environments
Date: Saturday, November 24th, 2012 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Rob Waring
This talk will first present an overall view of the vocabulary needs of learners -- receptive and productive as well as language focused and fluency focused activities. We will examine many of the online resources that can fit this framework from decontextual memorization environments such as Anki, iknow or Quizlet to the more integrated environments such as EnglishCentral and graded reading online. The participants will be tasked to deciding which ones would best fit their needs.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Notre Dame Seishin University at Logos Hall
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: