Bridging the gap: Neuroscience and education
Date: Saturday, May 25th, 2013 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Adam Jenkins (Shizuoka Institute of Science and Technology)
Change of date:
Please note that the date of this event has been changed from May 18th to May 25th.
Cognitive neuroscience and psychology research have much to offer the field of education in the explanation of mental processes. However, the gap between these fields of study is seen by many as an insurmountable obstacle. This presentation is a demonstration of how research from the cognitive neurosciences and psychology can be applied to language teaching theory and pedagogy, bridging the gap between theories from multiple fields, and teaching practice.
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen (free for first-timers)
Venue: JR Gifu Station, Heartful Square, 2nd floor, east wing
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code: