Mega Speakers Event
Date: Wednesday, October 30th, 2013 Time: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Penny Ur, Scott Thornbury, and Rubina Khan
Kobe JALT chapter MEGA speakers event. Please join Kobe JALT chapter to welcome speakers Scott Thornbury, Penny Ur, and Rabina Khan at Kobe International House Room 802-03 from 6:30 to 8:30pm on Wednesday October 30th.
Scott Thornbury is one of the most well known figures in the TESOL industry. A native New Zealander who currently resides in Spain and teaches at the New School in New York. Among his various books are How to Teach Grammar, the current CELTA course book, and Teaching Unplugged. You can also find him online at his popular blog An A-Z of ELT and more recently at the International Teacher Development Institute.
Penny Ur is a well known author and speaker in the language teaching world. Originally from England she has been teaching in Israel for over 30 years. She is an experienced teacher trainer and was the editor of the Cambridge Handbooks for Language Teachers series. She has published numerous articles and books including the popular Five Minute Activities.
Rubina Khan is this year's Balsamo Asian Scholar from the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. She is a past president of the Bangladesh English Language Teachers Association and continues to be involved in teacher training and research in Bangladesh. She has published in professional journals at home and abroad.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kobe International House Room 802/803
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: