Professional Development through Collaboration on Quantitative Research
Date: Saturday, November 23rd, 2013 Time: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: Greg Sholdt
As with most significant skills or knowledge, there is simply no quick and easy route to mastery of quantitative research methods. However, there is in fact a modest set of fundamental concepts and core methods that guide both simple and sophisticated studies alike. These can be the focus of a much more reasonable and achievable learning goal. In this presentation, I will provide an overview of the most critical aspects of quantitative research methods as starting point for further study and share my recommendation for an approach to developing research skills and building knowledge through small-scale manageable studies based on simple research designs. Additionally, I will discuss the value of collaboration in the application of this approach and present an opportunity for interested teachers to join a project with other language teachers across Japan working together to enhance their research skills.
Organization: Niigata Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Niigata JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Tokimeito Meeting Facility map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Niigata JALT
Email QR Code: