Academic Reading Circles in the English Language Learning Classroom
Date: Saturday, February 18th, 2017 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Michael Stout (University of Tsukuba)
In this workshop, participants will be given an overview of academic reading circles and presented with two examples of how they have been implemented in English language learning classes at universities in Japan. Following this, participants will complete tasks that will help them discover ways in which they can incorporate academic reading circles in their own classes.
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (first time free)
Venue: JR Gifu Station, Heartful Square 2F
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code: