Applications and Task Development for Smartphone VR in the EL Classroom: an Overview
Date: Saturday, March 18th, 2017 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Josh Brunotte (Nanzan University), Chris Hastings (Nagoya University of Foreign Studies)
The use of virtual reality in the language classroom is an area that has gone largely unexplored, despite the fact this technology was introduced over two decades ago. Thanks to the recent creation of Google Cardboard and the ubiquity of smartphones that can process the necessary software, virtual reality has quickly become a viable and affordable medium through which language instruction can occur. In this workshop, we will demonstrate the use of Google Cardboard and some applications that are currently available that may be used as an effective learning tool in the EFL Classroom.
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (first time free)
Venue: JR Gifu Station, Heartful Square Room 30
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code: