Nellie's Group, Ltd.:
Nellie's Seminar Series 2003: Seminar 5
Date: Saturday, June 21st, 2003 Time: 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Mayuka Habbick (Oxford), Kazue Imori (Scholastic), Tibor Lucskai (Apricot)
The fifth seminar in Nellie's Seminar Series 2003 will feature three presentations as follows:
- 13:00 - 13:50
Title: A whole new world through storytelling
Presenter: Mayuka Habbick (Oxford University Press)
Target: Teachers of learners of all ages.
Content: Children, as well as adults, love reading stories. Studies have shown that while using storybooks, students use more English in the classroom. Using stories takes students to a world of adventure and imagination in English. The presenter will introduce practical ideas and activities, and train you to create your own activities.
- 14:20 - 15:10
Title: Play and learn with Scholastic!
Presenter: Kazue Imori (Scholastic)
Target: Teachers of young learners.
Content: Storytelling and traditional songs and rhymes are important for educators to teach young learners. The presenter will share unique stories, easy-to-learn rhymes, songs and fun activities from Scholastic Phonics A, the new Books of Rhymes and Rhythms series, and a selection of Hello Readers.
- 15:40 - 16:30
Title: Storytelling with the new title, "Our Sweet Home"
Presenter: Tibor Lucskai (Apricot)
Target: Teachers and parents of young learners. Language: English.
Content: Discover how storytelling can lead to various activities for kindergarten and elementary schools, private language schools, or at home. The presenter will introduce hints and ideas using the new title "Our Sweet Home" (Vol. 5), as well as two other titles from Apricotís Picture Book Series.
Organization: Nellie's Group, Ltd.
Cost: free; make a reservation
Venue: Sunbridge Bldg. 1F, 1-26-6 Yanagibashi, Taito-ku, Tokyo (3 min. from Asakusabashi Stn. on JR Sobu Line, Toei Asakusa Line)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nellie's Group, Ltd.
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 03-3865-6213