Tokyo British Council:
Workshop for Secondary School English Teachers: Making Listening Effective
Date: Wednesday, June 25th, 2003 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: David Thomson & Alan Milby, British Council
This workshop aims to highlight ways and means on how to encourage students to listen and accomplish meaningful listening tasks. Our ultimate aim is to build their confidence and comprehension in listening to various styles of discourse in English. We will examine our roles as teachers and ask whether we are actually teaching or testing our students. From that we will give ideas on how to make an effective structure for listening exercises and how to incorporate it into our teaching plans. To help us in doing so we will provide ideas and activities that can be made into effective listening tasks. Finally you will analyse materials that you currently use and apply the ideas from this session to make them more practical, enjoyable, meaningful and real for your students.
Organization: The British Council Tokyo Centre (Tokyo British Council)
Cost: Free but reservation required
Venue: British Council Tokyo Centre, Kagurazaka 1-2, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Tel: (03) 3235-8031, Nearest Station: Kagurazaka (Tozai Subway Line)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Tokyo British Council
Email QR Code: