Putting Words in Their Mouths: Taking Dictogloss, Shadowing and Summarizing
Date: Saturday, June 14th, 2003 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: John Small
This presentation covers three activities that give students structured language practice: dictogloss (grammar dictation), shadow talking and summarizing. With dictogloss, students actively recreate the spoken text discuss differences and missing information wit partners, and participate in a review of the grammar of individual sentences. Shadow talking and summarizing exercises, which are easy to prepare and paperless, will be explained, and summarizing an article with a mind map will also be covered.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kitakyushu International Conference Center, room 31
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: