Using Music in the Classroom
Date: Sunday, June 15th, 2003 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Andrew Meyerhoff, Okinawa Christian Jr. College
There are several key ingredients needed to turn a song into a good classroom chant. Meyerhoff will discuss these ingredients and demonstrate with participants doing chants during the session. His focus is on why Carolyn Graham's jazz chants work, and on how you can make your own chants from popular songs.
Organization: Okinawa Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okinawa JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Okinawa Christian Jr. College
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okinawa JALT
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 098-895-8448
Mobile phone: 098-895-8304