Bringing About Language Learning Using Learning Strategies at Junior High Schools
Date: Sunday, June 29th, 2003 Time: 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Speaker: Koki Dobashi
This presentation is given in Japanese. Quite a few studies have reported that the use of learning strategies is an effective way to develop learner autonomy. But most of them address adult education in foreign countries. The objective of this study is adjustment of those theories of learning strategies to the reality of English education at the junior high school level in Japan. The speaker, a junior high school English teacher since 1991, holds a master of education degree from Akita University and spent a year doing research at the Akita Sougou Kyouiku Center. His research interests include application of pragmatics to junior high school texts, learning strategies, and the systematic use of classroom English.
Organization: Iwate-Aomori Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Iwate-Aomori JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Iwate International Association, Morioka
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Iwate-Aomori JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 019-662-8816
Phone (work): 019-663-3132
Email QR Code: