Video Storyline: Actively Engaging Learners with Film
Date: Sunday, February 20th, 2005 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Daniel Ferreira, High School English Instructor for Kawasaki City
Given the many uses of video in the classroom, this presentation focuses on following a storyline and character development through the use of key scenes. Daniel Ferreira will demonstrate different techniques that help the students actively engage the visual material. The film Rain Man will be used, as it also creates the opportunity for the class to address socio-cultural issues.
Organization: Yokohama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Yokohama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Ginou Bunka Kaikan (Skills & Culture Center) near JR Kannai & Yokohama Subway Isezakichojamachi, Room 801, 8th Floor
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Yokohama JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: