International Students' Day
Date: Sunday, February 27th, 2005 Time: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Students from Other Countries Studying in Japan
In the first part of today's event, we have invited several students from various countries around the world to speak briefly about life in their homeland or about their experiences living in Japan. These short presentations will be in English and Japanese. A translator will be provided for each speaker so that we may welcome interested people from the local community. In the second part of the day, we ask the question: Ever wonder why Japanese students act the way they do in English class? Many teachers from other countries who come to Japan make the following statements about Japanese learners. "Japanese students are shy. Japanese students don't (or are afraid to) speak out. Japanese students don't think, etc." Why not explore the legitimacy of these statements that stereotype our students? Come listen to some Japanese learners talk about their attitudes and why they act the way they do in class.
Organization: Ibaraki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Ibaraki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: Free for students
Venue: Ibaraki Christian University, Building 5, Hitachi-Oomika
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Ibaraki JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0298-58-9523
Email QR Code: