Japan Intercultural Institute:
JII Monthly Meeting and Discussion Group
Date: Saturday, February 12th, 2005 Time: 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Speaker: Group discussion
February's discussion meeting will focus on the Intercultural Change Orientation (ICO) Profile. This is a psychometric instrument which helps intercultural learners better understand their reactions to the demands of working or living in intercultural environments. It results in a personal profile of an individual's cultural learning orientation. The ICO profile has been developed based on research done by Joseph Shaules over the last three years under the supervision of Prof Mike Kelly at the University of Southampton . At the beginning of the discussion, participants will learn about the ICO profile, then fill out a short inventory which will produce a personal ICO profile. Group discussion will focus on participant feedback regarding the accuracy and usefulness of their personal profile. The question of how this could be used in intercultural education will also be discussed. Because creating the profile requires that the attendee is present from the beginning of the discussion meeting, personal profiles will not be able to be created for participants who arrive later than 17:30. Latecomers are welcome to join in general discussion, however.
Organization: Japan Intercultural Institute
Cost: JII Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1,000 yen (Students are free)
Venue: The Dubliners' Irish Pub in Ikebukuro
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Japan Intercultural Institute
Email QR Code: