Using the Video Rainbow War in an ESL Lesson
Date: Sunday, February 6th, 2005 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: John C. Herbert
John Herbert, from Kansai University, will be making a presentation on using the peace education video Rainbow War as content for thematic ESL lessons. This presentation will stress the use of this video in all levels and types of classes. Many of the ideas that will be presented can also be applied to other EFL lessons that involve the use of video. Mr. Herbert is also a member of Himeji JALT.
Organization: Himeji Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Himeji JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 300 yen
Venue: Hanakita Shimin Hiroba (Located directly across from Nozato Station on the Bantan Line. Plenty of free parking.) Bantan Line train leaves Himeji Station at 13:46
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Himeji JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0792-92-8808