Bikkurishita! - The Use of Surprise in the English Language Classroom
Date: Sunday, February 20th, 2005 Time: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Speaker: Brian Evans (Morioka College High School)
Motivating students is a difficult task in any classroom. In the EFL classroom, the issue is compounded by a number of factors, such as the unique difficulties of working in a foreign language and the fact that many of the students have not made their own choice to study English. This presentation will focus on the practical as Brian Evans demonstrates simple techniques to help motivate students of all ages. This is a refresher course on how to present lively, engaging lessons, and is designed for teachers of speaking courses at eikaiwa schools, primary schools, secondary schools and low-level colleges who are looking for more easy, low-prep ideas to add to their repertoire.
About the speaker:
Brian Evans is a full-time teacher at Morioka College High School, but manages to also teach in such diverse settings as young children's classes at a conversation school, a university, and older adult private lessons.
Organization: Iwate-Aomori Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Iwate-Aomori JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Iwate International Plaza, Morioka
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Iwate-Aomori JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 019-662-8816
Phone (work): 019-663-3132
Email QR Code: