(1) Authentic Materials and Copyright;
(2) Visual Design for Language Learners
Date: Sunday, January 29th, 2012 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Both presentations by Cameron Romney
This event, featuring two presentations by Cameron Romney, is co-sponsored by the JALT Materials Writer's SIG.
(1) Authentic Materials and Copyright
14:00 - 15:30
Authentic materials such as newspapers and videos are protected by copyright. If teachers use them in the classroom are they violating the copyright? How can teachers legally use them? We will look at the copyright laws in Japan as they pertain to teachers, students and classrooms.
(2) Elements of Visual Design for Language Learners
15:30 - 17:00
Many teachers give students handouts of some sort in the classroom. While lots of thought and energy went into the creation of content, often the visual elements of the document are ignored. This presentation will review research related to visual design and then cover some of the basics of document design.
Please check out our website for more details. This event is co-sponsored by the JALT Materials Writer's SIG.
Organization: Sendai Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Sendai JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (500 yen for students and first-timers)
Venue: Sendai Shimin Kaikan Room 4
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Sendai JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: