Using Video Materials to Facilitate Students' Creative Thinking and Improve Their English Skills
Date: Saturday, January 21st, 2012 Time: 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Bogden Pavily
The presenter will discuss the ways to facilitate students' creative thinking and improve their English skills with the help of some video material (short clips from the Internet). It is always difficult to engage students in any language learning situation if they consider the activities too difficult, dull, or unrealistic. Some practical ideas will be presented on how to make our lessons more interesting to learners with poor command of English. One of the methods of motivating such students is to give them reasonable tasks in English, while allowing them to communicate using their native language during the activity. The primary goal of each activity is to help students feel relaxed and enjoy their English lessons. It should also be said that if we want our students to enjoy the activities, we have to enjoy them ourselves.
Organization: Hamamatsu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hamamatsu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: ZAZA City Palette, 5th floor
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hamamatsu JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 053-460-7956
Mobile phone: 090-9891-4844