Current trends and future developments in language education: Implications for the classroom
Date: Saturday, April 8th, 2017 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Howard Brown (Niigata university)
As busy teachers, it can be difficult to keep up with the rapidly changing field we work in. But it can be valuable to stop every now and then to think about the big picture and how global and trends can affect our own classrooms. This workshop offers a chance to discuss and make sense of trends that are likely to influence ELT in Japan over the next 5 to 10 years. Some of the topics covered include the rise of CLIL and EMI, changes in the timing and types of study abroad, the looming 2018 demographic crisis and its effects on schools and universities, the end of the Center Shiken entrance exam, the impact of the new 2013 high school English-language curriculum, and many others. So bring your thinking cap and your crystal ball and join us for this intriguing workshop.
Organization: Niigata Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Niigata JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Plaka 1 building, 2nd floor, just outside the South Exit of Niigata Station
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Niigata JALT
Email QR Code: