Creating a Successful Extensive Reading Library
Date: Saturday, July 15th, 2017 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Lesley Ito, LIXON Education
Creating a successful extensive reading (ER) library involves much more than just putting books on shelves. Learn how ER techniques, such as "book whispering" and narrow reading, encourage students to borrow books. Also, learn how to put together a cost-effective library with a convenient bar code scanner system. Participants will be encouraged to discuss ideas on how to improve their own school or class libraries.
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: JR Gifu Station Heartful Square 2F
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code: