Getting into the Zone (of Proximal Literacy Development)
Date: Sunday, July 16th, 2017 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Anna Husson Isozaki
Children learn to read fluently and enjoyably after many years of listening to stories read aloud to them by loving caregivers. This presentation and workshop will briefly update participants on the current research, share classroom projects putting the findings to use, and their results. We will explore (hands on) a variety of new resources available to use with learners of all ages, and will brainstorm possibilities for integrating the research and resources into our own, varied, teaching situations and contexts. Please bring Internet-connectable devices, memory sticks, and earphones as well.
Organization: Gunma Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gunma JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 (students free)
Venue: Maebashi Kyoai Gakuen College
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gunma JALT
Email QR Code: