Bringing Storytelling to Life
Date: Sunday, June 9th, 2013 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Kevin Churchley (Tezukayamagakuin Elementary school TSS Educational Director)
We ACET welcome Kevin Churchley for our special workshop. Reservation required. Contact Emi at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "SW application" in the subject line, and include your name & cellphone number.
Stories are a natural way for all children to learn even in their own native language. Stories provide children with a sense of familiarity. Kevin will introduce some wonderful activities and ideas of how to bring stories into the classroom and how to help students progress to reading on their own. Kevin will use examples from real classroom lessons to demonstrate some of the essential ingredients that make learning and teaching English enjoyable and fun. We will explore ways to empower students to take responsibility for their own learning, and consider the benefits of taking a reflective approach to teaching. Current best practice in the field of bilingual education will be discussed and many practical games and activities will be shared. Like his joyful lessons, Kevin's presentations always draw smiles from the participants.
Organization: Association of Childrens English Teachers (Fukuoka ACET)
Cost: ACET Members: 1000 yen
Non-members: 2000 yen
Venue: Amikas Takamiya 2F, Audio visual room-Shichokakushitsu (off the Takamiya Nishitetsu Train line)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukuoka ACET
Email QR Code: