Constructive Communication Across Gender And Cultures Conference (day 2 of 2)
Date: Saturday, September 30th, 2017 Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Many speakers
Focusing on the dimensions of gender and culture, this conference will provide an opportunity for academics, professionals, and the general public, to discuss and explore several issues surrounding them. Speakers include:
- Melodie Cook (University of Niigata)
- Diane Hawley Nagatomo (Ochanomizu University)
- Joseph Shaules (Juntendo University)
- Eucharia Donnery (Shonan Institute of Technology)
- Donna Fujimoto (Osaka Jogakuin University)
- Maria Gabriela Schmidt (University of Tsukuba)
- Jane Joritz-Nakagawa (Freelance feminist poet/educator)
- Eiko Miwa (Shiseido Co., Ltd.)
- Avril Haye-Matsui (Aichi Prefectural University)
- many others
The conference format will feature experiential learning sessions and include workshops, presentations, discussion groups, focus groups, and digital posters. The aim of the chapter is to provide a safe and educationally stimulating environment for constructive communication about gender and culture.
Organization: Shizuoka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Shizuoka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: 4000 (3000 Sat only)
Non-members: 5000 yen
Venue: Shizuoka Kenshu Kan, B1 (website)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Shizuoka JALT
Email QR Code: