Cooperative Learning Structures to Promote Language Acquisition
Date: Friday, March 23rd, 2012 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Speaker: Spencer Kagan
Cooperative learning strategies called structures dramatically improve comprehensible input, frequency of language production, and a safe social environment. Participants experience a number of structures. Using RallyRobin, students take turns speaking to a partner. Using Timed Pair Share, in pairs each student speaks for an allotted time. Structures dramatically increase language output: In contrast to calling on students one at a time, using the structures language output is increased dramatically, accelerating language acquisition.
Organization: Tokyo Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Tokyo JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Temple University,Japan Campus
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Tokyo JALT
Email QR Code: