English Education for Young Learners in Japan
Date: Monday, April 2nd, 2012 Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Mitsue Allen-Tamai (Aoyama Gakuin University and Temple University), Erin Kourelis
Dr. Allen (Mitsue Allen-Tamai) will enlighten the teachers about the change of the sub-text from Eigo Notes to Hi, Friends. Also, she will share ideas on how to make The Story-Based Curriculum useful to EFL learners and teachers through Joint Storytelling. Erin Kourelis will share many phonics activities for EFL learners.
Mitsue Allen-Tamai (Ed.D) is a professor at Aoyama Gakuin University in Tokyo, and Temple University in Japan. She has been teaching courses at both the undergraduate and graduate school levels to train college students to become English teachers of young children.
Erin Kourelis is an MA TEFL/TESL student with University of Birmingham. He has done presentations on EFL for JALT and ETJ.
Organization: Filipino English Teachers in Japan (Saitama) (FETJ-Saitama)
Cost: FETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Urawa Parco, 10F, Urawa, Saitama City
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: