The Dejima-zation of English
Date: Sunday, April 15th, 2012 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Albert McCann
This presentation will be an interactive examination of the obstacles to learn to speak English in Japan. The presenter will go over some historical and philosophical reasons for this. The intention of this session is for all of us to share our stories and to realize what we work against. That is, a slowly changing education system and a deap seated resistance to foreign culture and influence. We will work together to find some solutions to the reality we all face as teachers.
Albert McCann has been an English teacher in Japan for the past seven years. He has worked in both junior and senior high schools, public and private. Currently, he teaches solo in the Inuyama NET Program and has the daily challenge to motivate young students to communicate in English.
Organization: Hamamatsu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hamamatsu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Zaza City Palette, 5th Floor
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hamamatsu JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 053-460-7956
Mobile phone: 090-9891-4844