Old English for Today
Date: Saturday, March 24th, 2012 Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Speaker: Susumu Hiyama (Akita Prefectural University)
The term "Old English" (henceforth OE) refers to the English language from the eighth century to the eleventh century. What are the fundamental differences and similarities between OE and Modern English? What do we gain from studying OE? What does it take to study OE? Through my presentation and various activities, I hope to: (1) let the audience find their own answers to these questions, (2) show that studying OE can be fascinating in its own right, and (3) how it may enhance our understanding of Modern English.
Organization: Akita Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Akita JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen (students: free)
Venue: JOIN US, Kenshushitsu-6 (at the entrance of Senshu Park)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Akita JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0184-22-1562
Phone (work): 0184-22-1562